Ellen Rohr, a business coach and motivational speaker, who was the featured guest and Runner of the Week last week, comes back on the show to share more stories of how running has impacted her life in so many positive ways. Ellen and I discussed:
- Why she loves using a metronome and how its helped her hips
- How running is the river that threads her best friend and her together
- How being in pain running her last marathon was one of her favorite marathons
- How confidence comes from doing things for a long time
- What a race/event makes her want to do
- How I (Kari Gormley) started running
- Why choosing clothes are so important
- How running keeps on reminding her of the beginners path and how running gives us opportunity to learn and grow
The top take-aways with part two of our conversation:
- When you get injured, it’s feedback that you aren’t doing something correctly and learn from it.
- How the more you do something, the more confident you become.
- There is no such thing as bad running weather, just inappropriate running clothes.
If you’d like to find out the 11 strategies to live the running lifestyle, please head over to www.therunninglifestyle.com/join and find out. :-)
Need to buy some books, or perhaps some general supplies? You can help support the show with out paying a dime is to shop through Amazon HERE.
Our Runner of the Week, Sponsored by Sport Suds, is from Running With Miles, is Charlie Barkowski. Good thing Charlie is going to receive Sport Suds when you hear about this:
- How Charlie is running six marathon distances around the world in seven days for pennies on the dollar
- The number one tip for booking airline award availability
- Why consider Wow airlines when flying from Boston or Baltimore to Europe
- Why the Reykjavík Marathon is one of his favorites
- Top Tips when it comes to traveling for a marathon
The Top Take-aways with Charlie Bukowski are:
- You can travel the world through credit card bonus award cards.
- There are many great marathons held on Fridays or Saturdays such as Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Baltimore, Fargo, North Dakota, and Akron, Ohio.
- He is looking forward to his trip, but has some fears when it comes to running on a treadmill in Cairo and running on the streets of Abu Dhabi when it’s over 100 degrees.
Charlie will be back on the show next week to share how his six marathon distance runs across six continents in only a week went. We’ll hear how he handled the heat, how nice flying in business class and first class was, traveling in the “apartment” from Abu Dhabi, and much more.
By the way, you can receive a 15% discount when you head over to www.sportsuds.com and use code RUNLIFE when checking out.
Serena Marie, RD, discusses:
- How her 20 mile run went over the weekend in New Jersey
- What resources Serena is and can use for her knee that is hurting
- What would make a 20 mile run SUPER INTENSE
- Why you want to consume Omega 3s
- Which food is best for Omega 3s
- How and when she plans on indulging after the marathons
The Top Three Take ways with Serena Are:
- Eat fatty fish like salmon, achieves, sardines as optimal ways to consume Omega 3s
- Plan B sources for Omega 3s are grass fed beef, chia seeds, and hemp seeds
- Go with the flow and if we able to run all three marathons, it’s a gift. If not, running is still a gift. Oh, and Serena might get “something” (you have to listen to find out) after becoming a Marathon Maniac.
It’s all things Disney as a vacation and for running next week when Becky Kotsifsas comes on to share her Disneyland Half Marathon experience, and my husband, son and I share are best Disney trips to creating a magical experience.
Facebook: /barebonesbiz and /ellenrohr
YouTube: Ellen Rohr
Serena Marie, RD: